UNIVERSITY OF EXETER SUBJECT-SPECIFIC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
There are program based or rather say subject based scholarships available for international students and these are as follows:
Biosciences (Cornwall Campus): The Centre of Ecology and Conservation within the College of Life and Environmental Sciences offers a fees-only scholarship to International students from Africa, Asia and Latin America undertaking the MSc in Conservation and Biodiversity at the Cornwall Campus. The scholarship is available to one student from each of these geographical regions.
- Engineering, and Mathematics and Computer Science (Streatham Campus, Exeter): These scholarships are available for undergraduate as well as postgraduate students undertaking this field.
- Law (Exeter and Cornwall Campuses): The Law School is offering up to six undergraduate scholarships of £3,000 each per year. Three awards are allocated to students studying at the Streatham Campus in Exeter and three for those studying at the Cornwall Campus. The scholarship is renewable for each year of undergraduate study dependent upon obtaining grades at a minimum of 2:1 standard overall in each end of year examinations. They are available to international students who achieve high scores in IB or A levels.
- Sport and Health Sciences (St Luke’s Campus, Exeter): Sport and Health Sciences offers undergraduate scholarships for International and Channel Islands students taking the BSc in Exercise and Sports Sciences.
Postgraduate scholarships are also offered to international students studying for the MSc in Sport and Health Sciences, the MSc in Paediatric Exercise and Health and the MPhil/PhD in Sport and Health Sciences.
UNIVERSITY OF EXETER MASTER SCHOLARSHIPS
- British Council Chevening Scholarships – These scholarships are available to offer holders aged 25-35 from a wide range of countries, excluding the USA. Details can be obtained from the British Council or Embassy in your own country.
- Andrew Stratton Scholarship – A one-year award of up to £1,000 for a privately funded International student studying for a taught Masters program in Engineering or Science who will be registered from October of the coming academic year.
The scholarship will be advertised at the beginning of May (subject to sufficient funds) with a closing date of 30 June.
- 2011 Business School Postgraduate Scholarships – Each year the University of Exeter Business School offers a range of scholarships to assist applicants with tuition fees and to encourage postgraduate applicants with high potential to study with us.
- Distinction Scholarship – Ten awards of up to £4,000 for students with exceptional academic abilities and career potential.
- Thomson Reuters Scholarship – Ten awards of up to £4,000 for postgraduate finance students with an excellent academic track record.
- Language Excellence Award – £2,000 for applicants who have achieved high standards in a recognised English language qualification.
- Alumni Scholarships – £1,000 for University of Exeter alumni.
UNIVERSITY OF EXETER SCHOLARSHIP FOR PHD STUDENTS
- University of Exeter PhD awards The University has made available over 250 studentships and bursaries. Studentships cover full fees and a research council equivalent maintenance grant for three or four years. PhD bursaries generally provide partial funding in return for work, e.g. teaching.
- Research Council studentships One of the main sources of financial support for PhD students who ordinarily reside in the UK or European Union are Research. Awards are offered either through open competition or a quota of awards to individual University departments. Full or fees only awards for UK and EU students are based on established UK residency. Applicants should check that the program to which they apply is eligible for the receipt of Research Council studentships, as this may vary from year to year.
- Teaching and Research Assistantships A number of departments can offer employment as a Teaching Assistant or an Assistant to a staff research project. The availability of such posts will vary and you should contact the department to which you wish to apply in order to enquire about opportunities. Research students working as Teaching Assistants receive training through the HEA-accredited Learning and Teaching in Higher Education program run by the University’s Education Enhancement Unit.
- Exeter Graduate Fellowship Scheme This scheme offers a fixed package of teaching or research duties spread out over three or four years. These can be either as full awards of 180 hours per year or half awards of 90 hours per year. The scheme is open to UK/EU and international students, and the award comprises payment of tuition fees at Home/EU rates and a maintenance allowance pegged to Research Council rates (pro rata for the half award).This scheme is only open to new research students (i.e. you cannot apply for the scheme once you have registered for a PhD at Exeter).
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Scheme This national graduate training scheme in which the University is a partner not only provides an income during your research but also covers the cost of all or some of your MPhil/PhD fees.KTP enables you to undertake a one- to three-year research-based, in-company project which is central to the company’s strategic development. You are paid a salary, given structured training and provided with mentoring support. KTP projects often lead to an offer of a permanent post with the host company. They are available to students at both Exeter and Cornwall campuses.
UNIVERSITY OF EXETER BURSARIES
Exeter is proud of its high quality reputation that matches its wholehearted commitment to delivering sporting excellence. Sports Scholars play a key role in maintaining these high standards of achievement; they compete successfully in several of the sports teams that form part of the University High Performance Program. On average, over 50 Scholarships are awarded each year.
CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY:
The scholarship is available for Undergraduate as well as Post-graduate students. They are only offered to students who have gained an offer of a place or normal admission to a course on their academic qualifications. However, it is not necessary to wait for an offer of a place before submitting your registration of interest. No special reduction in entry criteria is offered as part of the scholarship, nor does the offer of a scholarship carry with it an offer of a place.
Sports Scholarships will be tailored to the needs of the individual but will include a cash sum for sporting expenses/discounted accommodation costs from £500 up to a maximum of £1,000 and for exceptional athletes, this can rise to £2,000. A full package of support services equating to a cash equivalent of £500 is also provided.
In the main, the Sports Scholarship Scheme is funded centrally by the University High Performance Program. However, several partners and local and national sponsors also show great generosity by financing several individual scholarships and bursaries.There are also sports-specific bursaries available like for the following:
- Golf Exeter is one of only 12 institutions in the UK to be awarded an educational development grant from the Royal & Ancient to help Exeter administer a performance program for elite student golfers. Men wishing to apply should have a handicap of scratch or better and women 4 or better. Please see the Golf Bursary pages for full details.
- Men’s Rugby Opportunities exist for undergraduates and postgraduates to apply to the University’s Rugby Bursary Program run in partnership with Exeter Chiefs Rugby Club and kindly supported by the South West Communications Group. Please see the Rugby Bursary pages for full details.
- TASS The Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme or TASS as it is better known is a Government funded program that represents a unique partnership between sport and higher and further education.
Who can apply for sports scholarships?
Performers from any sport recognized by the AU will be considered, but emphasis is placed on the following High Performance Focus Sports:
However, outstanding performers from any sport will be considered. All of the sports mentioned above have nationally recognised reputations for competition and excellence at Exeter, along with first-class sports-specific training facilities.
UNIVERSITY OF EXETER FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS(INTO)
Announcing the creation of 10 scholarships valued at £11,940 each.
The University of Exeter and INTO University of Exeter invites applications for the University of Exeter Foundation Scholarships. The scholarships have been created to assist international fee-paying students who need to complete a Foundation Program before enrolling in a University of Exeter undergraduate degree program.
The scholarships are available to all international students applying for the following INTO University of Exeter Foundation pathways:
- Foundation pathway in Science: Leading to an undergraduate degree in College of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Foundation pathway in Humanities, Law and Social Science:Leading to an undergraduate degree in the College of Social Sciences and International Studies or the College of Humanities
- Foundation pathway in Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics: Leading to a degree in the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
The Foundation program commences in September 2011 and January 2012. Successful completion of the appropriate Foundation pathway (subject to meeting specified grades for entry) guarantees students progression onto a wide range of undergraduate degree programs at the University of Exeter.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- All international fee-paying students
- Students who have completed 12 years of schooling (or the local equivalent to meet the same standard) with the appropriate grades
- Students must be a minimum of 17 years old
- Students must have a minimum English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (with a minimum of 5.0 in all sub-skills)
- The scholarships are not available to students who intend to progress onto undergraduate degrees in subjects other than those in the College of Social Sciences and International Studies, the College of Humanities, the College of Engineering, Math and Physical Sciences or the College of Life and Environmental Sciences.
Successful applicants will receive a scholarship valued at £5,970 which will be deducted from their INTO Foundation program tuition fees, provided students apply to continue their undergraduate study at the University of Exeter.
VALUE OF AWARD
- £11,940 **
(The remaining 50% of the award will be deducted from tuition fees for year 1 of an Undergraduate Degree Program at the University of Exeter subject to student achieving required progression grades and enrolling on an undergraduate degree program)
- + Successful scholarship applicants will not be entitled to a tuition fee discount for timely payment.
- ** Successful scholarship applicants who have paid their full tuition fees before a certain date will receive a scholarship of 50% of the Foundation tuition fees received. The same amount will be discounted from the first year of their undergraduate degree course at Exeter University.