Ohio University is a public institution that was founded in 1804. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 18,589, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 1,762 acres. It utilizes a quarter-based academic calendar. Ohio University’s ranking in the 2011 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 124.
The most popular majors at Ohio University include: Journalism; Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies; Psychology, General; and Radio and Television.
Ohio University offers a number of student services including no remedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, health service, and health insurance. Ohio University also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, and controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc). 17 percent of students have cars on campus.
At Ohio University, 54.5 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $7,145.
Notable alumni include:
- Richard Dean Anderson, actor, most known as MacGyver
- Nancy Cartwright, voice of Bart and several other characters on The Simpsons
- Jobie Hughes, #1 New York Times Bestselling author
- Mary Murphy, accredited dance judge, and a regular judge and choreographer on the Fox dance competition-reality show So You Think You Can Dance
- Piper Perabo, actress
- Stu Pflaum, Grammy-nominated music publisher
Intelligent Partners help you apply to US universities simply, quickly and at a preferred price. You benefit from professional enrollment counseling, expert guidance on visas, and a streamlined admissions system to get you into the right degree at the right institution. We have the expertise to help you succeed.