Founded in Providence in 1914, Johnson & Wales University is a fully accredited, private, nonprofit institution offering degree programs in business, hospitality, culinary arts, and technology. The main campus in downtown Providence is situated in a vibrant and historic city, less than one hour from Boston and three hours from New York City. Regional campuses are also located in the exciting cities of North Miami, Florida; Denver, Colorado and Charlotte, North Carolina.
JOHNSON & WALES UNIVERSITY
- Students: 16,500 students representing all 50 states and 95+ countries.
- Reputation: JWU has built an international reputation for its practical and specialized bachelor’s degree programs. Advanced degrees like our MBA are offered in business, hospitality, and teacher education. JWU is consistently ranked as a top institution for hospitality and culinary arts. University-owned and operated facilities allow students to gain valuable hands-on experience in a variety of settings.
- ESL: Our English Language Institute in Providence and North Miami provide excellent instruction in small and personalized classes for students who do not meet the minimum English language requirements.
- Arrival Services & Housing: Upon arrival to Rhode Island, international students will be met at the airport, train or bus station. The university provides complimentary overnight accommodations at one of our university-owned hotels. Off-campus housing assistance is available for students not choosing to live in on-campus residence halls.
- Scholarships: Academic Scholarships are offered to qualified applicants and are renewable for up to four years of study based on academic performance.
- Academic Calendar: 11-week trimester system beginning in September, December, and March.
- Student Activities: JWU offers a full university experience through a variety of clubs, organizations, athletics, leadership programs and international student services.
- Experiential Education and Career Services: The University provides countless opportunities including specialized services in career management, on campus career fairs, internships, and study abroad experiences.
Intelligent Partners help you apply to top US universities simply, quickly and at a preferred price. You benefit from professional enrollment counseling, expert guidance on visas, and a streamlined admissions system to get you into the right degree at the right institution. We have the expertise to help you succeed.