The Faculties and Departments at Portsmouth are:
PORTSMOUTH BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Department of Accounting and Finance
- Department of Economics
- Department of Human Resource and Marketing Management
- School of Law
- Department of Strategy and Business Systems
FACULTY OF CREATIVE AND CULTURAL INDUSTRIES
- Portsmouth School of Architecture
- School of Art, Design and Media
- School of Creative Arts, Film and Media
- School of Creative Technologies
- Portsmouth Centre for Enterprise
- Institute of Industrial Research
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Institute of Criminal Justice Studies
- School of Education and Continuing Studies
- School of Languages and Area Studies
- School of Social, Historical and Literary Studies
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Geography
- School of Health Sciences and Social Work
- School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences
- Dental Academy
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Sport and Exercise Science
FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY
- School of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- School of Computing
- Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation
- School of Engineering
- Learning at Work
With over 240 relevant undergraduate courses to choose from and an excellent reputation for student satisfaction, Portsmouth is a great place to study for your first degree. A number of courses are offered for the Postgraduate level too.
For more details on Undergraduate courses, visit:
For more details on Undergraduate courses, visit: http://www.port.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/masterscourses/
FUNDING FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
There is no UK funding for international students, therefore you are expected to be fully self-supporting whilst studying here
The British Government offers some awards to international students through the British Council. You should apply for these through British Council Offices in your home country.
Global Outreach: Access to Learning (GOAL) is a bursary scheme that commenced in September 2010. GOAL Awards are for students who are nationals of middle and low income countries, as defined principally by the United Nations Human Development Index. Visit our International Office for the list of countries.
The GOAL Award is available to self-funding, undergraduate students studying on a full-time course with annual fees of £10,000 or above and all full-time postgraduate taught and research students. The award is only for international (non-EU) students commencing courses from September 2010, for the first year of study at Portsmouth (and is not available to students who have previously undertaken other courses here).
The GOAL Award takes the form of a 10% fee reduction, effective at the time of registration and will only apply to your first year of study. It cannot be combined with any other scholarship, discount or fee offer, except the 2% ‘prompt payment discount’ for students paying their fees in full at the start of the academic session.
EU AND INTERNATIONAL EMERGENCY FUND
The emergency fund for EU and international students was established to assist those who encounter unforeseen financial difficulties whilst studying. Applications are assessed on an individual basis and awards will only be made in cases where you can clearly demonstrate your unforeseen circumstance.
For information on accommodation offered by the University, visit: