Glasgow Caledonian is located on a single campus site in the Cowcaddens area of Glasgow. The university used to have three campuses: Park Campus located in Glasgow’s West End, Southbrae Campus leased from and adjacent to Jordanhill College of Education, and the current City Campus. However, Park Campus was sold to the University of Glasgow in January 2001 and Southbrae was given back to Jordanhill after the lease had expired.
The university has a campus in Muscat, Oman, which is known as the Caledonian College of Engineering.
Graduation ceremonies are held in Glasgow’s Royal Concert Hall.
In 2008 the university considered a move to the East End of the city, following the Commonwealth Games to be held in 2014. However, these plans have been shelved due to the economic climate.Student accommodation include Caledonian Court, with rooms for 660 students sharing self-catering flats with between five and eight bedrooms, located in Glasgow City centre, behind the University campus.
- Gary Lewis, BAFTA nominated actor who has starred in films such as Billy Elliot, Orphans, Gangs of New York & My Name is Joe
- Rhona Martin, Curling Gold Medallist in the Winter 2002 Olympic Games
- Andrew McLaughlin, Deputy Chief Economist, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Ian McLeod, Former Executive Director of Wal-Mart and Chief Executive of Celtic Football Club
- Chris Pendergast, Gaelic footballer
- Neil Buchanan, former host of Art Attack
Intelligent Partners help you apply to UK universities simply, quickly and at a preferred price. You benefit from professional enrollment counseling, expert guidance on visas, and a streamlined admissions system to get you into the right degree at the right institution. We have the expertise to help you succeed.