Edinburgh Napier University is one of the largest higher education institutions in Scotland with nearly 16,000 students including almost 4,000 international students from over 100 countries.
EDINBURGH NAPIER UNIVERSITY
We are a truly international University with 36.8 % of our students coming from overseas and course materials designed to give you the global perspective required for today’s worldwide marketplace.
- Edinburgh Napier University offers industry informed courses which combine the optimum balance of theory and practice.
- The University offers excellent support services for international students, including airport meet and greet, first week activities and International Students’ Club.
- The University has some of the most modern teaching and learning facilities in Scotland, including free computer/internet access – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- The University has proactive careers support, which includes job preparation master classes, employer networking events and career fairs.
- Its campuses are located in Scotland’s beautiful capital city, Edinburgh – a compact, safe, friendly and cosmopolitan city.
Our courses (www.courses.napier.ac.uk)
Edinburgh Napier offers a huge variety of undergraduate degrees and more than 100 different professional postgraduate courses, with taught and research opportunities in its three faculties:
- The Business School
- Faculty of Engineering, Computing & Creative Industries
- Faculty of Health, Life & Social Sciences
Edinburgh Napier is a multi-campus university and has three main campus located across Scotland’s capital city. The state-of-the-art Sighthill Campus is home to the Faculty of Health, Life and Social Sciences, providing a modern, purpose-built, sustainable building with premier teaching and learning facilities. It has been designed to create a great learning environment, to help students graduate with the best possible career prospects.
At the Merchiston Campus, the 500-seat Jack Kilby computing centre is open 24/7 and students have access to online lecture notes and study aids via WebCT.
The Craiglockhart Campus is home to the University’s Business School and features acoustically advanced lecture theatres, multimedia language labs and some of the most modern teaching facilities in Scotland.
There are fully networked libraries at each campus, and a multimedia language lab and adaptive technology centre for students with special needs.
International Student Support
Information and advice is available on a range of issues including money, health, immigration, personal issues and many more.
The University’s dedicated team of International Support staff can even help before you arrive and after you leave Edinburgh Napier e.g. with career development or pre-arrival immigration help.
Edinburgh: Scotland’s inspiring capital
Edinburgh is the Athens of the North; a vibrant place to live with four universities that attract around 100,000 students – giving the city its own unique buzz. Scotland’s inspiring capital deserves its reputation as one of the most beautiful locations in the world and tops the list of European cities where people would most like to live. Clean, compact and safe, Edinburgh is a modern, cosmopolitan, European city with a diverse, multicultural community. No wonder it’s been voted one of the most student friendly cities in the UK!
Edinburgh is a UNESCO World Heritage site with a population of about 450,000.
- 1,037 hectares of parkland – equivalent to 4,500 football pitches
- Over 200 cafés and restaurants
- The medieval Royal Mile
- 100+ libraries, including the National Library of Scotland
- 10 international festivals
- Dozens of music gigs every week
Edinburgh is home to many international businesses, being the fifth largest financial centre in Europe. Since 1999 Scotland has had its own devolved government with 129 MSPs sitting in the award-winning Scottish parliament building at Holyrood, Edinburgh.
The Accommodation Office at the University have 900 rooms for Edinburgh Napier students and can give you information and help you apply for one of these rooms in their centrally-located flats. Edinburgh also has a large number of private accommodation options and our Accommodation Office can advise students who would prefer to find their own accommodation.
The University accepts and processes hundreds of undergraduate and postgraduate applications every year. Undergraduate students should apply via the UCAS website (www.ucas.com) and postgraduate students can complete the online application form that is available on the University website (www.napier.ac.uk).
More information about all our courses and information on life in Edinburgh can be found on the University’s website – www.napier.ac.uk
Please find attached the couple of images of the campus and the institutional profile. Also below is the link for wealth of videos available on our website for the students. This is a dedicated section of our website. May be this link will help students to explore and look and get to know about the University.