With around 25,000 students, Birmingham City University is one of the major universities in the UK. Situated in Birmingham, the UK’s second city and informal capital of the West Midlands, we have a long history of close interaction with this vibrant region. As a university we have a distinctive focus on education and research for professional and creative practice and on collaboration with business, industry and the public services. We are one of the three long-standing universities in the city of Birmingham, alongside the University of Birmingham and Aston University.
BIRMINGHAM CITY UNIVERSITY
Our contribution to the education of the citizens of Birmingham and beyond stretches back through a succession of predecessor institutions for over 160 years. We achieved university status in 1992 as the University of Central England, changing our name to Birmingham City University in 2007, reflecting our commitment to, and pride in, our home city. We are extremely proud of our achievements to date and excited about the possibilities for the future and the contribution we can make to our students, the economy and society.
A significant proportion of our undergraduate courses enjoy professional accreditation, including Accountancy, Acting, Architecture, Education, Engineering, Law, Marketing, Nursing, Radiography and Social Work. Our postgraduate provision provides a wide range of opportunities for management and professional development for early and mid-career professionals. Many of our staff boast professional qualifications and bring professionally relevant experience to bear on their teaching practice. We aspire to provide an educational experience of the highest quality, putting our students at the centre of everything we do. We have a strong commitment to flexible and practice-based learning, and place great importance on our ability to develop professionally qualified graduates with skills relevant to contemporary workplaces.
- A large, multicultural and vibrant university with around 25,000 students situated in Britain’s second city.
- Over 8,000 part-time students and 2,000 international students from over 80 different countries outside the EU.
- The university with the highest rise in UCAS applications in 2008.
- A ‘rising star’ for research – we aim to double our research in the next five years. Ranked 65 in the Times Higher Education research league table, the fourth highest post-1992 university.
- A pioneer in learning and teaching recognized for our excellence in new technologies
- An exemplar in employer engagement boasting links with the likes of Microsoft, Cisco and NHS West Midlands.
- Originally Birmingham Polytechnic from 1971, we became the University of Central England in 1992 and Birmingham City University in October 2007.
We’re made up of six distinct Faculties, each with their own strengths and specialism.
- Birmingham City Business School
- Birmingham Institute of Art & Design
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of Education, Law & Social Sciences
- Faculty of Performance, Media & English
- Faculty of Technology, Engineering & the Environment
Intelligent Partners help students in selecting right kind of universities for application depending upon their academic excellence and field of study. Every student has a different profile and requirements and here we at intelligent partners ensures that every student get in to the best suited university for further education. We believe in holistic approach and assist students throughout the process from University selection, Application process, and Visa process to pre departure briefing.
Our UK counselors are certified from British Council and have in depth knowledge about UK universities and country in general. We also organize various university visits in our offices, so students can get a chance to interact with university officials and discus the possibility of studying in their respective university.