Schedule a Campus Tour if you are an International Student
- June 27, 2016
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Student Tips
As parents and students embark on university campus tours for the summer, our senior educational counselor has put together a few pointers:
- Students and their parents should consider going with separate tour groups so each can hear and see different things from the different tour guides.
- Check the university’s safety statistics – how many ‘blue lights’ are distributed around campus to call for help?
- Ask about the neighborhood adjacent to the campus, and check whether the campus has a barbed-wire fence separating it from the adjacent neighborhood (if yes, ask why).
- Drive around the adjacent neighborhoods and walking through the ‘campus town’.
- Consider the state’s gun-carrying laws.
Pic Courtesy: Campusbeast.com
- Consider the school’s drop-out and suicide rates as these may be indicators of student stress levels.
- Ask what the difference is between an “A” student and a “B” student.
- Look at the names of professors on their office doors. Are they American? Asian? Middle-Eastern?
Remember, for tenure, Research Excellence (publications) and Research Funding count for 60% of a professor’s rating. Teaching counts for less than 30%.
Their ability to converse in English (e.g. their accent) and whether their students can understand them or not count for 0% of their rating.
- Ask how accessible the professors are. How is working with the professors outside the classroom?
- Ask the tour guide about interactions with their professors outside of the classroom and how these experiences have been.
- Ask the tour guide what their favorite class has been so far. What made this class their favorite class?
- Ask the tour guide about classes they have had with TAs, and what the TAs’ strengths and weaknesses are.
- Ask the tour guide what they would change about the college if they had $ 10 Million to spend.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with the professors of classes that interest you.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
- Ask about inclusion and whether there is any rampant discrimination on campus.
- How many clubs/societies does the university offer? Is it easy to form a new club/ society?
- Is there a gym on campus? What sports does the university offer? Also consider the sports a university cannot offer due to the region’s climate.
- How active is the student government? Can freshmen participate in student government/on the school paper/ etc.?
Being able to get involved can often bring a large campus down to a manageable, personal experience.
For any further help on which universities/colleges to visit or fixing appointments at universities, contact Intelligent Partners.
There are variant legitimate online drugstores. But some aren’t licensed in the United States. Revia blocks an enzyme that is involved in metabolizing alcohol intake. Used as part of a treatment plan for problem drinking. Sometimes services offer to their consumers Kamagra. If you’re concerned about sexual problem, you probably already know about levitra vs viagra vs cialis. Nowadays many men search for the exact keyword staxyn vs levitra on the Web. More information about this question available at levitra vs cialis. The definition of erectile dysfunction the persistent failure to achieve a satisfactory erection, exerts an estimated more then twenty millions men in the America alone. Note to diagnose a man’s sexual problem, the pharmacist likely will begin with a thorough history of signs. And the pills are usually considered safe. Potentially serious side effects can turn on indigestion, but it is typically mild. Keep in mind, if you have more questions about Kamagra ask your heartiness care occupational.